COBA7® via community-investor.com Blog # 307 @ 20 July 2014 Copyright 2014
Perspective. ‘Land-lease-lifestyle communities, a.k.a. manufactured home communities and ‘mobile home parks’, comprise the real estate component of manufactured housing.’
This blog posting ‘is a national advocacy voice, ombudsman press*, statistical research reporter, & online communications resource for all LLLCommunities in North America!
To input this blog &/or affiliate with Community Owners (7 Part) Business Alliance®, a.k.a. COBA7®, use Official MHIndustry HOTLINE: (877) MFD-HSNG or 633-4764.
*ombudsman press. ‘Manufactured housing’s ronin, fielding inquiries, complaints, etc.’
Introduction to this week’s COBA7® blog posting at community-investor.com website:
‘Value Added to 23rd Networking Roundtable!’ Given it’s already widespread ‘rep’ for educational (20 seminars & panels), networking (eight social meal events) and deal-making opportunities, it’d seem impossible to ‘add (more) value’. But the addition of two NATIONAL PUBLIC FORUMS this year, on 9/11/2014, certainly does so. And the pre-event distribution of a serious Official WHITE PAPER, to all event registrants, is not only unprecedented, but ‘icing on the cake’ of ‘value addition’ for manufactured housing aficionados and LLLCommunity owners/operators nationwide!
PARSING PARADOXES. This blogger hasn’t had so much fun penning a blog column, in a long time. Paradoxical statement have long fascinated me. In fact, I read some every day during ‘personal meditation time’, from The Valley of Vision, ‘A Collection of Puritan Prayers & Devotions’, compiled by Arthur Bennett. (717) 249-5747. Enjoy!
REMINDER. Hope some of you join Al Hesselbart and me for the ‘Write Your RV/MH Story!’ 2 ½ hour seminar in Elkhart, IN., on 4 August 2014! DUELING CURVES author Bob Vahsholtz too, will be on hand, to chat with would be writers, answer questions about his latest book, and share in the MH & LLLCommunity experience.
‘Value Added’ to 23rd Networking Roundtable!
An Official WHITE PAPER describing ‘manufactured housing & land-lease-lifestyle community statistics & trends’, will be distributed during August and early September, to registrants for the 23rd annual International Networking Roundtable. This Official WHITE PAPER will facilitate personal preparation for two historic NATIONAL PUBLIC FORUMS scheduled for the morning of September 11, 2014, in Peachtree City, GA. Every business owner, senior salaried executive, and real estate investor, will want a copy of this comprehensive compendium of key industry data and strategic asset class news – past, present, and yes, ‘future’. Why? Because much of the information, frankly, is available from no other source serving the manufactured housing industry and LLLCommunity real estate asset class!
What’s included in this unique and timely document? Again, past, present, and ‘future’ characteristics of manufactured housing and LLLCommunities, in terms of:
DESCRIPTION (of the unique HUD-Code housing product & property operations)
REGULATIONS thereto pertaining….
DESIGN & SIZES of homes, and income-producing properties per se
SHIPMENTS (of manufactured homes over the decades and into the ‘future’…)
DISTRIBUTION of product, and local housing market demographics, $ & more…
RETAIL FINANCING (emphasis on compliance with regulations, and includes a ten point ‘shopping list’ of self-financing alternatives – never before published!)
REAL ESTATE FINANCING of LLLCommunities; an ever shifting tide….
LIFESTYLE relative to LLLCommunities
INVESTMENT relative to LLLCommunities
TAXATION of realty-secured, fee simple conveyed homes, & within LLLCommunities
SERVICE; as in customer service of new homes, & resident relations, referral, retention
SECONDARY MARKET = perennial missing redoubt of manufactured housing industry
By now, you should be getting the clear and convicting idea this Official WHITE PAPER is indeed ‘something special’, in that it covers not one or the other of these two major industry/asset class topics, but both of them, with equal fervor and appropriate detail!
“The goal of this Official Manufactured Housing Industry WHITE PAPER is to facilitate personal and corporate preparation for the two NATIONAL PUBLIC FORUMS on 9/11/2014. ‘There & then’, 23rd Networking Roundtable attendees will engage in Open Discussion intended to shape the Future of ‘manufactured housing vs. trailers’ and LLLCommunities as ‘lifestyle’ & ‘investment’.” Quoted from Official WHITE PAPER.
SPECIAL NOTE. This comprehensive industry & realty asset class WHITE PAPER will NOT be available for purchase before or after the 23rd annual International Networking Roundtable. Why? There’re plans already afoot, to incorporate Lessons Learned and Ideas, from aforementioned NATIONAL PUBLIC FORUMS, into a Preliminary Master Plan Document, available to one, maybe more, national advocacy bodies who accept the challenge to schedule, host and facilitate a National Strategic Planning Session within six months following the two NATIONAL PUBLIC FORUMS in Peachtree City, GA .
And if elected and salaried national advocacy body leaders don’t embrace this challenge to caucus, strategically plan, and effectively lead the manufactured housing industry out of its’ decade long malaise? Then they’ll have no room to criticize, if and when someone else, or a bevy of businessmen and women, step into the leadership void.
For more information about the upcoming 23rd annual International Networking Roundtable, and or to ‘register’ for same, use brochure attached to the BEBA (Blast Email Blog Alert) accompanying this blog posting, or telephone the Official MHIndustry HOTLINE: (877) MFD-HSNG or 633-4764 and request it.
Paradox. “A statement that apparently contradicts itself & yet might, or might not, be true”; also “a seemingly absurd but possibly true statement, something self-contradictory”; & “logical paradoxes are invalid arguments that are still valuable.” Huh?
Was playing around with some paradoxes last week, and found it interesting how some appear to ‘play’ to manufactured housing production and customer service; land-lease-lifestyle community acquisition and operations; even pose a couple MH conundrums; highlight Mystery Shopping as a job performance influencer; and even justify the existence of COBA7®!
• The Productive Failure paradox = “Providing less guidance and structure, and thereby causing more failure (on the housing production line), is likely to promote better learning.” Hmm. Think so, or think not? Ah, the paradox.
• The Service Recovery paradox = “Successfully fixing a problem with a defective product (recently delivered housing), may lead to higher consumer satisfaction, than in the case where no problem occurred at all.” Hmm – again. This just might be the sole antithesis to the ol’ bromide: ‘You don’t get a second chance to make a good first impression!’ What do you think?
• The Icarius paradox = “Some businesses bring about their own downfall thru their own successes.” Ah, think of past LLLCommunity portfolio builders who ‘acquired too many LLLCommunities too fast’, and were unable to anticipate or control the unexpected and serious lethal consequences of too rapid growth….
• Jevons paradox = 1st MHIndustry conundrum, i.e. “Increases in efficiency lead to even larger increases in demand.” Hmm. Certainly reads and sounds right and good, but is it just wishful thinking where present day manufactured housing is concerned – thanks to the dearth of easily accessible chattel capital financing. Consider the Lessons Learned from Bob Vahsholtz’s recent tome, DUELING CURVES – compared to the harsh reality of years 2000 to 2014. Book = $35+ S&H, order via (805) 481-2574. Not an easy, but certainly a worthwhile read.
• 2nd MHIndustry conundrum cum truism = “We learn from history that we don’t learn from history.” George Hegel. Proof? Just consider the many $ cycles we’ve experienced throughout manufactured housing industry history!
• The Observer’s paradox = “The outcome of an event or experience is influenced by the presence of the observer.” Ponder that! It’s surely the case when the ‘observer’s identity’ is known; but how ‘bout when a Mystery Shopper shows up?
• The Arrow Information paradox = “To sell information, you need to give it away before the sale.” Reminds one of the ‘loss leader’ concept in retail sales, as well as ‘free gifts to the first 50 customers’. But to ‘give away’ the ALLEN REPORT & a dozen other Signature Series Resource Documents for 30 years before debut of COBA7®? Now that’s a bit extreme. To affiliate with COBA7, simply phone the aforementioned Official MHIndustry HOTLINE. If not presently reading the Allen Letter professional journal, and dozen(+) SSRDs, you should be!
And so, what is, or what are, your favorite paradox or paradoxes? Inquiring peers would like to know!
The time is drawing nigh, for you to learn how, and become motivated, to research, organize, pen, and publish your personal memoir(s), autobiography (there’s a difference between the two), or your corporate history or marketing story!
On 4 August, at 9:30 AM, Al Hesselbart (RV historian) and I will begin a 2 ½ hour seminar titled, ‘Write Your RV/MH Story!’ Cost is only $44.95/person – and less, if you’re registered to attend the annual RV/MH Hall of Fame Induction Banquet that same evening. For more information, about the seminar, and to register, phone (317) 346-7156. For information about the induction banquet honoring the Class of 2014, phone (574) 293-2344. And there might be a brochure attached to the BEBA (Blast Email Blog Alert) announcing the posting of this weekly blog at community-investor.com